Have you ever heard about VirtualDub? No!? This is the most
powerful AVI editing/conversion utility with high
performance video grabbing module. Real
free, no nags, no adverts. If you have a TV card with
Video for Windows driver, this application
is a must. You can grab video, then denoise it and
finally resize to required size. All operations are performed
in real-time and the result is saved to the AVI with no dropped
frames. You would do best and jump to
for latest VirtualDub release.
I have developed a few VirtualDub plugins. Some of them are:
- Logoaway - Created to remove logos from video sequence. Logo
is a small sign usually put in one of the corners. Logos usualy
destroy quality of encoded video stream.
- BackChange - If you have to change background in the animation, and at the same time there is a lot of foreground objects, and doing it manually over 100 frames gives you creeps, this filter is for you. Example: Pinnie The Wooh is having party with friends. Everybody walking around, jumping and having baloons waving in the wind in front of "Happy Birthday Eyemore the Donkey", and you want to change the poster to "Make Tea, Not Love". If you want to know more about this filter, here is online manual for BackChange v1.0.
- Exorcist - Developed to remove common aerial
signal problem - shifted copies of main video. When you see two headed
news speaker or 44 football
players at one time running after two balls, you are in 99%
victim of bad signal.
- Alidator - Using VirtualDub as
video signal archiving application? This may be useful.
This filter puts current date and time on
the grabbed frame. Meant to be used as RGB filter in Capture
mode to put information describing time
when the material was grabbed.
Download BackChange v1.0 (18.08.2004)filter, kind-of-manual & tutorial - 421 253.
BackChange v1.0 - online manual.
Download Logoaway v4.01filter - 16 131.
Download Logoaway v4.0 BETA 3 (25.08.2003)filter - 16 131.
Download Logoaway v4.0 BETA 2 filter - 16 130.
Download Logoaway v4.0 BETA filter - 16 113.
Download Logoaway v3.5 fix2 filter - 14 855.
Download Logoaway v3.5 fix1 filter - 15 567.
Download Logoaway v3.5 beta filter - 15 567.
Download Logoaway v3.2 beta filter - 13 459.
Download Logoaway v3.01 filter - 12 349.
Download Logoaway v3.01 documentation - 176 895 bytes.
Or read it online.
Download Logoaway v2.4 filter - 9 953 bytes.
Download Logoaway v2.4 documentation - 182 121 bytes.
Download Exorcist v1.0 filter and documentation - 21 471 bytes.
Read Exorcist online documentation.
Download Alidator v1.0 filter and documentation - 15 109 bytes.
See online Alidator documentation.
| Logoaway changelog|
4.0beta2 Change release
4.0beta1 Feature release
- (NEW) Border checkbox works independent from general ON/OFF switch. To disable
filter completely disable filter (MODE OFF) and uncheck border switch.
3.5fix2 Bugfix release
- (NEW) Added simple scripting feature to make filter work only on defined frame ranges
3.5fix1 Bugfix release
- (FIX) Filter crashed with preview mode and logo width changed to be
greater than height.
- (FIX) OFF function should work propely now.
- (FIX) Border configuration was not properly displayed in GUI.
- (FIX) UGLARM worked all the time in plain border mode. Now UGLARM
should work as selected in border configuration.
3.5beta Two shape modes added
- (NEW) Shape XY mode.
- (NEW) Shape UGLARM mode.
3.2beta Luminance mode added + bugfix
- (NEW) Added luminance mode.
- (BUG) Fixed pixel shift up bug
- (BUG) Fixed bitmap load bug (pad bytes skipped in wrong
- (DOC) Jon fixed documentation. Now people should be
able to read it.
3.01 bugfix release
- (BUG) BMP reader did not skip padbytes correctly.
Funny thing but there's an error in MSDN in BMP reader code. :-)
- (BUG) Border list growing
- (DOC) Added short tutorial on using Paint Shop Pro for alpha-mask preparation